San Francisco – (BUSINESS WIRE) – November 1, 2022 –
Sense, the market leader in talent engagement and connectivity solutions for enterprise hiring, today released the results of a new study revealing the motivations and application experiences of today’s active job seekers.
delegated study,” An Inside Look: What Today’s Candidates Really Want, “Polled over 1,000 US-based candidates who applied for a job in the past six months, and this indicates that the focus is shifting away from the benefits of working from home with 57% of candidates citing better salaries/benefits as the best candidate. Non-negotiable when considering a new career.
Additional key findings of the survey include:
- The vast majority of candidates (76%). beLooking to change professions/industries.
- When asked about the two most important non-negotiables when considering a new job, Salary / Benefits (57%) And the Career advancement/skills improvement opportunities (32%) It ranked first, followed by work from home opportunities (29%), stronger driving (18%), and then DEI programs (16%).
- Faster response time than recruits It was rated as the best way for companies to improve the candidate experience, according to 80% of respondents.
- Slow response time from recruits It is the main reason why candidates leave applying for a job. Only 19% of candidates reported hearing responses from employers within 24 hours of applying for the job.
- 27% of the candidates said that The job search/application process has become more and more complicated.
“The report’s findings indicate that candidates have shifted their priorities from post-Covid, working from moving from home, to a renewed focus on improving pay and benefits in order to keep pace with today’s increasing costs,” explained Anil Darney, Sense CEO and Co-Founder. . In addition to competitive pay, hiring speed and response times are obviously critical to employers looking to gain an advantage in today’s volatile market and stay ahead of the curve by hiring top talent quickly. Armed with the right technology to instantly interact with candidates and deliver a great experience, those companies will find themselves ahead of the curve in today’s market.”
The survey also found gender differences when it comes to looking for new job opportunities:
- 60% of respondents who identified as female said better salary/benefits were non-negotiable for their next role versus 52% of males said the same.
- 33% of respondents who identified as female said that opportunities to work from home are non-negotiable for their next role versus 25% of male respondents said the same (responders who self-identified as male were more likely to say strong leadership is non-negotiable than those). who identify as female).
- Respondents who identified as male were more likely to exclude themselves from consideration due to the many interviews – 20% said this versus 14% who described themselves as female who said the same.
An online survey was conducted by Atomik Research among 1001 participants from the USA, all of whom were looking for new job opportunities and applied for a new job in the past six months.
Sense offers a leading AI-powered talent engagement platform that helps recruitment and talent teams customize their interactions with talent at every stage of the hiring process. More than 800 organizations including Amazon, Coca Cola, Dell, Kelly Services, Kindred Healthcare, and Sony rely on Sense to accelerate hiring, strengthen the hiring brand, and exceed hiring goals – all while delivering a personalized candidate experience. For more information, visit www.sensehq.com.
View source copy on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221101005660/en/
Contact: Media contact
Jenny Olson, mPR, Inc. for Sense
Keyword: California United States North America
Industry keyword: professional services artificial intelligence technology software human resources
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
Published: 01/11/2022 06:03 AM / Disc: 01/11/2022 06:03 AM