More gameplay improvements for MLB The Show 22!
Since the official MLB season began not too long ago, there is a lot of excitement waiting for the fans as we are almost at the start of the playoff road.
This already means that a lot of players are already starting their careers MLB The Show 22, Its servers are expected to get more congested towards the end of this season in fall 2022.
- Check this out: The Legend of Zelda BOTW is getting amazing visual improvements on PC
As a result, we can expect developers to pay more attention to the game and release new content and hotfix updates more regularly to keep the experience up to date and eliminate issues.
Today’s update is more than a hotfix for all platforms. Check out the full patch notes below:
MLB The Show 22 Update 6 Patch Notes
- Hitters will have less coverage of the offending ball, which leads to more swings and misses.
- Fixed freeze condition that could occur on wrong tips that bounced close to the catcher.
- Users are now limited to pressing R2 to display pitch types once for each move, for up to three seconds.
- Wind has been discontinued in online rated games.
- Fixed an issue causing the “Cannot Display” icon to get stuck on the screen.
- In balls that are hit in the air where the contestants stop to see if they land or are caught, rather than going back to the previous base, the contestants will make one rule when it is clear that the ball will not be caught by the player.
- Adjustments have been made to the gesture timing for dividers and sinks when using the pinpoint mode. Splitters now have more permissive standards for perfect pitches, while contractors now have less permissive standards for perfect pitches.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the bowler to access the position player slot in the squad.
- Fixed a bug where the away team would always wear the home uniform.
- Game stability improvements have been made.
- Fixed an issue causing the replacement prompt to appear to the incorrect user.
- If the user changes from a two-way player to a one-way player, the correct archetype will now be available in the loading screen. Any archetypes missing prior to this update should now display properly.
Franchise and the march to October
- Minor improvements have been made to the two-way player logic.
Keep in mind that the update will be released today (May 20) at 4AM PT / 7AM ET / 11AM UTC / 12PM GMT / 1PM CEST. No server downtime was specified for today’s update.
MLB Show 22 Available now on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and Nintendo Switch. It’s worth noting that you can play it for free with Xbox Game Pass.