• For reference, I have a smaller wrist that is around 6.5 inches Around And I’m coming from Apple Watch Series 7 45mm •
Apple Watch Ultra first impressions:
- It’s noticeably larger and bulkier than the 45/44mm Apple Watch and I love it 😁
- With that comes a really strong feeling
- I enjoy it most with a strap that attaches directly to the Ultra vs strap/band with lugs (Solo Loop vs Alpine Loop)
- The flat screen bezel adds to the big feel but also provides a great viewing experience – it really pulls you in visually
- It’s impressively light!
- The side button is hard-click – more clickable than my Series 7 or any previous Apple Watch
- The Digital Crown is well protected but also takes a bit to get used to
- The new action button is really useful, it’s a great addition!
- Softer on the inside than I expected
- Titanium hardware is extremely light and perfectly compatible with Ultra
- Plenty of rings ensure you get an accurate fit
- I love the bright orange
- External lugs make it more convenient – especially for those with smaller wrists
- Watch out for the metal lock as it is Things can be scratched When you put your wrist on the laptop, etc.
- The braided watch charging cable is super cute with a metallic accent on the dial itself
- Beautiful Box and Ultra brochure
- Watch faces really pop up on the huge screen
- The new Wayfinder watch face features a stylish animation when you raise your wrist to look
- Rotating the Digital Crown to quickly access the dark red mode is really helpful
- I also really like the clean compatibility with Apple’s Solo Loop sports band
What do you think of the Apple Watch Ultra? Did you get one too? Or are you considering picking one up or will you definitely skip it? Share your thoughts in the comments!
For a step-by-step breakdown of the new Apple Watch lineup, check out our full guide and more coverage:
And here’s a great demo from our friend and Widgetsmith developer, David Smith:
FTC: We use affiliate links to earn income. more.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: